This vacancy is no longer open.
Primary Teaching Position
Contract Type: Contract Position Full Time
Applications Close: 24 October 2021
St Paul's Primary School, Gateshead is seeking a temporary full time teacher to join the team for Terms 1 and 2 of 2022, to cover a period of maternity leave. This may lead into a possibility of a temporary job share position with current incumbent when they return from maternit...
St Paul's Primary School, Gateshead is seeking a temporary full time teacher to join the team for Terms 1 and 2 of 2022, to cover a period of maternity leave. This may lead into a possibility of a temporary job share position with current incumbent when they return from maternity leave for the reminder of the year.
St Paul’s Primary School, Gateshead, is a Catholic systemic school in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle, catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. At St Paul's, we aim to foster a love of learning in each child by providing a variety of learning activities and opportunities for students to fulfil their potential in all areas of school life. We provide contemporary future thinking education for children from Redhead, Dudley, Whitebridge, Charlestown East, Mount Hutton and Gateshead.
Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Codes of Conduct.
• Catholic, with the ability to articulate a personal commitment to Catholic Education (Primary and Religion Teachers only)
<br>• Willingness to actively support the Catholic identity of the school
<br>• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching programs and assessments in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential
<br>• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise assessment and relevant school data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
<br>• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes
<br>• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice
<br>• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
<br>• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills
<br>• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category B or D – Accreditation to Teach or Accreditation to Teach Religion.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
<br>• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
<br>• Current NESA Accreditation;
<br>• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC) number;
<br>• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
• Highly refined IT skills, embedding the General Capabilities
Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume.
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including, one of whom must be their current principal.
• Applications should be emailed as ONE PDF document.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• Preferred applicants will be asked to participate in orientation processes, including a formation conversation, following the interview, to introduce them to the local Parish context and the culture of the Catholic school.
• Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted.
• Applications close: Monday 25 October 2021 at 3.30pm.
<a href="https://www.mn.catholic.edu.au/employment/positions-vacant/job/11548/" target="_blank">More Information</a>